ALERT Board of Directors
ALERT is governed by a Board of Directors that is responsible for the high-level strategic direction . ALERT’s Board of Directors is be represented by the Alberta Associations of Chiefs of Police Directors and the Associate Deputy Minister, Justice and Solicitor General.
ALERT Board of Directors:
- Chief Graham Abela, Taber Police;
- Chief Keith Blake, Tsuut’ina National Police;
- Chief Lorne Blumhagen, Lacombe Police;
- Chief Roger Chaffin, Calgary Police;
- Chief Dale Cox, Lakeshore Regional Police;
- Chief Robert Davis, Lethbridge Police;
- Chief Rod Knecht, Edmonton Police;
- Chief Andy McGrogan, Chief of Medicine Hat;
- Chief Kyle Melting Tallow, Blood Tribe Police;
- Chief Mark Neufeld, Camrose Police;
- Chief Lee Newton, Alberta Sheriffs;
- Commanding Officer Todd Shean, RCMP K-Division;
- Assisstant Deputy Minister Bill Sweeney, Justice and Solicitor General.
ALERT Civilian Advisory Committee
ALERT’s Civilian Advisory Committee was created in April 2018 to provide an enhanced opportunity for community engagement and stakeholder relations, as it relates to ALERT’s role in providing public safety.
Civilian Advisory Committee members:
- To be determined
ALERT Chief Executive Officer
Superintendent Chad Coles was appointed ALERT Chief Executive Officer in March 2017.
Coles grew up in Moose Jaw, Sask., and is a 21-year veteran of the RCMP, with a third of his career spent as a member of integrated units. Prior to joining ALERT, Coles was a member of Saskatchewan’s Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit and spent time in Saskatoon, Regina, Prince Albert, Nipawin and Cumberland House.
Coles joined ALERT in 2015, overseeing regional organized crime teams based in Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat and Red Deer. He replaces Superintendent Charmaine Bulger as ALERT CEO, who recently retired after a distinguished 35-year career with the RCMP.